Monday 9 March 2009

Kiddo

Cute, Adorable, Naughty, Sweet, Lovely, etc.. all these adjectives are showered upon the new born baby. Then the analysis starts. He looks like her mom. No not at all, the eyes are similar but the nose is like his dad. No no wait, I think he looks more like his mom’s sister or brother. Will you guys just hold on and let me analyse the situation says the proud grandma. I think he just looks like his father when he was born. Father starts beaming like a 100w Philips bulb. End of the speculations for the time being.

Poor child has just arrived in this world and he is being compared with everybody. Not even his nose is left out of this fantastic analysis. Everybody is in a happy mood. Father is busy calling everybody and announcing proudly “Main BAAP ban gaya”. Next he will stop at the finest sweets shop and buy kilos of sweets and will start distributing. Starting with the peons in the hospital to the nurses, doctors, visitors, security guards at his residence, watchman, milkman, paper wala, neighbours, friends, relatives and finally will enter office with lots of sweet boxes, will ensure everybody gets one atleast.

The only way the child can communicate his displeasure, problem or inconvenience is by crying. So the now the question which everybody is looking for an answer for is “Why is he crying?”. The number of answers is directly proportional to the number of people present in the room. Sorry my mistake. I meant atleast, because a person will give more than one answer. The number of answers given by a person is in turn directly proportional to his/her age.

Some usual answers are :

1. he is hungry
2. he has wet his pants
3. he is feeling hot
4. the “Aaya” has tied him tightly
5. mosquito or ant must have bitten him
6. he must have seen a bad dream.

I am ok with the first 5 answers but the last one is really creative. Would like to know who came with this answer first. A few days old baby who cannot speak, who was in his mamma’s belly till now will be dreaming all of a sudden. My question is and please send me the answer if you have one as to “What will be the baby dream about?”

One of my friends had a baby boy in October. The kiddo is what 3 months old. As with kids his age he started sucking his thumb. One day his mom scolded him and asked him not to do that. The kiddo for same unknown reason didn’t look at his mom that day and when next day she said Sorry to him and touched his feet he looked at her and smiled. This is what my friend’s mom told me.

Actually my friend’s father-in-law passed a just a few days before his marriage. As Hindu tradition believes in rebirth. These guys believe that this young lad is the rebirth of my friend’s father-in-law.

So now what this whole scenario means is. A 3 month old kiddo can differentiate in somebody talking to him or scolding to him. He can get angry, hold a grudge against his mom and will forgive when the person asks for forgiveness. This also means he knows what anger, grudge and forgiveness is. Great lad.

I am not saying all this is rubbish and I don’t believe in this. The point I am trying to make here is if this kiddo is possible of doing this, my friend is going to have one hell of a time raising him. Hehehehe. Right folks ??

2 comments:

  1. @ Tarun... lol... this reminds me on the Max New York Life insurance ad... the one with the dialogue "Bolo beta, Checkoslovakia"... I mean, the expectation that parents and others have from the kids is really silly at time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your blog once again after lot of years.. you are really an ardent writer...after reading this story...i cud relate that the time when Reeya was born...

    ReplyDelete