Wednesday 4 March 2009

Peacefully Driving in Mumbai – POSSIBLE ???

I read somewhere the hazards of getting angry, and after reading and thinking about it, I found out that while driving my car I get angry very often. I start abusing the infamous Rickshaw wallas, Taxi drivers and even poor Pedestrians. (Especially women because I still can’t be sure whether they will be crossing the road or let me pass)

So today when I started my car and started for office, I decided that I would just observe myself and try not to get angry. As soon as I approached the first crossroad a Rickshaw walla was obstructing my way and instead of getting angry, spoiling my mood, or start abusing. I just observed. Believe it or not in less than 30 seconds the Rickshaw walla had cleared my way, so had the anger, frustration and disappointment from my head.

Isn’t it ironical that in today’s age I can’t even bear inconvenience for less than 30 seconds? I want a clear road, everybody should let me go first, and everybody should drive the way I think is "RIGHT". Most of the guys don’t know "How to Drive" and should learn from me. I forgot to mention that I got my driving license on 15th of May 2008. Only 287 days ago. I don’t even drive daily, most of the time I ride my bike and when I am on the bike I keep abusing the Carwallas and when driving I keep abusing the Bikewallas.

In short when I am driving not only the Carwallas but also the Bikewallas should learn from me because they are most of the time WRONG.

"People behave in the same way no matter in whatever situation they are". If that is the case and I honestly look at the other walks of my life its TRUE.

From the time I wake up, I want everything to be the way I want, if there is even a slight mismatch I loose my cool. I will either shout or spoil my mood thinking Oh…. God it’s going to be a bad day.

I don’t have any space for anything other than my expectations. I am not ready to accept the fact that everything can’t be the way I want.

So from today onwards I would just observe myself and see how I react to the situation. And it’s upto me whether to get angry, spoil my and others mood or wear a "SMILE" on my face.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tarun

    I liked this one.. It is so true.. We just know what anger is but we actually do not know whether it is worth getting angry or not.. I esp loved the part of women crossing the road... Though I am kinda feminist I have to agree with that point.

    But the bottomline as you said is :The decision lies with us .. whether to Smile or not... Well I look prettier when I Smile so will try Smiling...

    Please continue blogging :-)

    Leena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've seen you driving and know what? In addition to being a classic displayer of road rage, you also tend to be overly "horny".... nice to know you've started observing yourself (not in the rear view mirror, I hope), cut back on the horn too... Mumbai can be a quieter place...

    Sats

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tarun...welcome to the blogging world :)...good to know that you have decided to observe rather than react :)...

    I would like to speak for all the women drivers out there, it is not easy, for all the idiosyncrasies that we have the male drivers more than make up for it by their obnoxious behaviour towards us and the grief they give us all the time...

    ReplyDelete